Thursday, 10 February 2011

We completed the internal scratch coat on the internal side of the straw bales in what will be the utility / plant room.  We will put studwork in front of this wall to fix all the plant back to shortly, so we want this to dry out quickly.

We have changed the mix of the clay render / plaster.  On the dry external plaster, when the clay was aggravated it 'dusted off' the wall.  This is undesirable, particularly on the internal walls, where we don't want a lot of plaster to end up on the floor everytime you touch the walls.  To try and avoid this we ave increased the quantity of clay in the mix.  The disadvantage of this is that will shrink more and may crack.

No comments: